High-quality beard oil is something you need to take care of your beard.
It comes in handy when you want to grow your beard to the full extent, getting rid of itches, aches, and other contaminants. Of course, if you pick the best beard oil, you can expect smoother facial hair in general.
You cannot expect these impressive results from a random beard oil product from a random brand, though. It does not mean you can try several products until you find the best one, either. Here, we have prepared a list of the best beard oil products you can buy today.
We have included five products to offer maximum versatility and selection options. Therefore, based on the features you need or not, you can pick one from the options.
Shall we jump to the list, then?
#1 Winner: Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil
The Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil is one of the most popular products in the market. For years, grooming experts and beard lovers have used this product for optimizing their beards.
Thanks to the all-organic design of the oil, you can have itch-free beards without chemical side effects. The product does not cost too much, either. This beard oil will be one of the first recommendations if you ask around in the community.
- The Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil is entirely organic. It uses ingredients such as avocado oil and virgin pumpkin seed oil, among other things. The elements themselves improve the growth of the beard, which is excellent.
- This beard oil comes from one of the most trusted companies in the world. Made in the United States but distributed worldwide, Honest Amish facial hair products are pretty effective. You can count on the oil for skin conditioning as well.
- Even though there are not many options, this beard oil will make your beard smell so lovely. It has no heavy flavoring options, but the classic one smells elegant. If you need a premium outlook overall, this product will not let you down.
- You can expect the best results from the Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil if you have a slightly Damp beard. You can use the product as per the requirements and end up with one of the elegant-looking beards.
- You cannot get the Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil in different scents. It is available only in its Classic scent. The bigger issue is that the classic scent of the product is entirely subjective. We have seen that some users are not the biggest fans of the smell.
- Furthermore, the Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil has not been optimized for skin types. For instance, if you have dry skin, you may need different beard oil. In that case, you will have to check for other options.
The Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil does not offer any extra features. It is quite a straightforward package, for the most part.
If you need some effective beard oil that complements your natural skin, you should choose this product. It does not come with any fancy features, but you do not have to spend a massive amount, either. In the end, the all-organic beard oil can smoothen your beard and get rid of itches.
#2 Runner-up: The Gentlemen’s Premium Beard Oil
Are you looking for a pack of premium beard oil? In that case, you should consider The Gentlemen’s Premium Beard Oil, which is a little expensive.
However, you can get some extra benefits and a premium outlook by paying the additional amount. If these things matter to you, getting this expensive beard oil could be an excellent decision for your grooming needs.
- Like the winner pick on this article, The Gentlemen’s Premium Beard Oil is also made in the United States. The company uses an exclusive formula to make every bottle of this beard oil. So, you can have the best expectations for the quality and efficiency of the beard oil.
- Unlike our first pick, however, the product is unscented. It means the beard oil does not come with any scent. The company claims that it does not use the extra fragrances and that it follows an organic approach. The best part is that the smell of beard oil will not interfere with other scents you have.
- You can use The Gentlemen’s Premium Beard Oil for both your beard and mustache. In both cases, the oil will promote the natural growth of the facial here. You can also benefit from the softening and strengthening properties that beard oil comes with.
- This product is recommended for those who have a coarse and abrasive beard. Similarly, if you have a few stray whiskers, beard oil can take care of them. You can count on these premium hair oils to work without any issues.
- Sure, unscented beard oil is an excellent choice for many people. However, we would have loved to see at least a few options in terms of the scent. In that way, those who wanted an extra impression using the smell could have opted for the variant.
- It must also be noted that The Gentlemen’s Premium Beard Oil is a little expensive. You have to pay double the price you would pay for the winner pick. While there are premium advantages for sure, not everyone can afford this beard oil regularly.
The Gentleman’s is one of the confident brands when it comes to facial hair grooming and protection. The company is so sure about the quality that it offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you do not like the product. It also packs the product in a glass bottle that expands the shelf life by a long shot.
As we have mentioned, The Gentlemen’s Premium Beard Oil is not for everyone. You must be ready to pay a good amount of money. If that is okay for you, this beard oil offers better beard growth and softening and strengthening properties.
#3 Alternative: Bossman Beard Oil Jelly
The Bossman Beard Oil Jelly is a little different from the products we have listed so far. It combines beard oil and jelly, creating an efficient way to protect and improve your beard.
You can also benefit from the additional features of the package. The best part is that you do not have to spend too much for a unit of four ounces.
- Compared to conventional beard oils, the Bossman Beard Oil Jelly is easy to use. You can use it for both purposes at once: grooming your beard and enhancing growth. You do not have to be an expert to do this.
- The product has deep penetration capabilities. It means the jelly can go deep into your skin and add a layer of well-grown beard. Therefore, it will be a great option if you suffer from itches and other contaminants on the beard.
- The Bossman Beard Oil Jelly comes with a Magic Scent, which the company has made from scratch. Considering that you can get hydrating, moisturizing, and smoothening benefits at once, the smell is an impressive addition.
- Last but not least, the product is made in the United States itself. Even then, it creates a jelly that can last longer. Because the product does not use any chemical compounds, you do not have to worry about beard itch or other consequences.
- While the jelly form is quite adequate, we cannot say that everyone would love it. If you prefer one of the standard beard oil options, you should look for something else. Then, again, it is all up to your preferences.
Compared to other products we have listed above, Bossman Beard Oil Jelly has thicker viscosity. It is superb for those who have just gotten started. The company also offers excellent customer service in case you come across any trouble.
If you need something different from conventional beard oils, the Bossman Beard Oil Jelly is one of the best alternatives. The thick viscosity makes the product last long and offers the best protection for your beard and mustache.
#4 Alternative: GRAVE BEFORE SHAVE Gentlemen’s Blend Beard Oil
Are you looking for some beard oil that comes with a unique fragrance? In that case, we recommend that you check out the GRAVE BEFORE SHAVE Gentlemen’s Blend Beard Oil.
It comes from a trusted brand and offers some of the best features you can get. Once again, you can easily afford this beard oil regularly even if you do not have a big budget.
Check GRAVE BEFORE SHAVE Gentlemen’s Blend Beard Oil Price on Amazon
- Compared to other products, the GRAVE BEFORE SHAVE Gentlemen’s Blend Beard Oil works best at conditioning your skin. If you suffer from itching or beardruff, this oil can help you remove both. Long story short, it works with all sorts of skins.
- It also comes with an all-organic design. Even though you can get one of the best fragrances, you do not have to worry about side effects. It is excellent that the company has added almond oil and tea tree oil to the package.
- The Bourbon and Sandal Wood scent of the product has a following of its own. The elegant smell is so great and lasts for an extended period. It is remarkable that the single product takes care of conditioning and optimizing your skills.
- As you can guess, you can use the GRAVE BEFORE SHAVE Gentlemen’s Blend Beard Oil for not only your beard but also the mustache and goatee. It works with most styles of grooming as well, in case you are wondering.
- Some reviews indicate that the Bourbon scent of the GRAVE BEFORE SHAVE Gentlemen’s Blend Beard Oil is not worth the hype. They say the smell does not last for an extended period due to apparent reasons for longevity.
The GRAVE BEFORE SHAVE Gentlemen’s Blend Beard Oil does not come with any additional features.
We recommend buying the GRAVE BEFORE SHAVE Gentlemen’s Blend Beard Oil if you are looking for a beard oil with excellent smell and conditioning properties. The features of this product may not compete well with others, but the beard oil gets the job done even when you have problematic skin.
#5 Alternative: The Art of Shaving Beard Oil for Men
The Art of Shaving Beard Oil for Men is one of the newest products in the market right now. It offers a premium experience instead when it comes to taming and moisturizing your beard hair.
However, you will have to pay extra for these features. However, customers swear by the product that it does work magic even while dealing with abrasive skin.
- The Art of Shaving Beard Oil for Men comes in an impressive and easy-to-use package. You can take it out of the box and start using it. The handcrafted formula for the oil adds so much value in the long run if you are wondering.
- The product comes with a sandalwood scent, which has been further optimized. Everything works so great that you get a smell that reminds you of old barbershops and salons. It is classy and calming at the same time.
- The company provides a complete list of the ingredients, and it is vibrant. You can find many elements that can boost beard health individually. When combined, the beard oil does things no less than magic.
- Even better, The Art of Shaving Beard Oil for Men can help you finish with a non-greasy outlook for your beard and mustache.
- Despite all the good things in the package, The Art of Shaving Beard Oil for Men does not come cheap. You have to spend a considerable amount every week to keep your beard under control. Such huge spending may not be ideal for everyone.
You do not get any additional features in The Art of Shaving Beard Oil for Men package.
We recommend going for The Art of Shaving Beard Oil for Men if you can spend extra for a premium and value-adding experience. The product delivers when it comes to its conditioning properties and adds a smell that lasts long.
Beard Oil FAQ
Should I use Beard Oil every day?
No. You can start by applying beard oil every other day – alternate days – in the beginning. After observing the results for a couple of weeks, you can change your oiling routine accordingly. There are a couple of other factors that may aid in designing your oiling schedule.
Since the purpose of beard oil is to moisturize the hair and skin, living in hot and dry climates may demand more oil to be applied or oil to be used more often. Additionally, if you have a long beard, you may want to apply oil more often to keep it moisturized for longer durations.
When you decide to increase the frequency of oiling your beard, make sure you take care of a few things. We recommend that you apply beard oil after showering or cleaning your skin with any soap. When you do that, it is crucial to keep your beard damp but not wet.
This process is similar to applying hair gel, so dry your beard accordingly. Moreover, use your beard comb to spread the oil evenly; do not forget any oil clumps in there. If you notice your beard getting greasy after oiling, you can scale back your use; either dial down your beard oil portions or lower the frequency.
Make sure you don’t pour the oil directly on your face. It would be best to pour it onto your hands first and then apply it onto your cheeks, chin, and beard.
Does Beard Oil cause pimples?
No. After multiple tests and observations, it was concluded that beard oil is not the cause of increasing pimples or acne.
Misusing beard oil may cause acne or pimples to show up, but only if you are prone to breaking out easily. Today, there are a variety of non-comedogenic products on the market. These are commodities that will not block the pores of your skins and prevent the creation of blackheads. If you are prone to acne, it might prove worthwhile to look specifically for these products.
To prevent pimples, acne, and blackheads, it would help if you apply beard oil after thoroughly cleaning your skin. Doing this would ensure that the pores on your skin are cleared, and the beard will not end up blocking anything.
There is a possibility that beard oil will help the generation of pimples and acne because it will clog your skin pores. Therefore, you must apply beard oil only on clean skin. Molecules of dirt and dust stuck on your skin are the real culprits behind pimples and acne.
In fact, beard oil is your savior in this case. By lubricating your skin, beard oil lessens irritation and itchiness. Beard oil acts as a moisturizing agent and ensures that your facial hair stays strong and keeps the skin clearer.
The thought of beard oils causing acne and pimples is a credible one. Excessive oils in your skin cause pimples, and in this case, you would be adding oil onto your skin. However, keeping your skin clean will prevent beard oil from being a catalyst to breakouts. So, fret not. Keep your face clean and apply your beard oil regularly.
Do you leave beard oil in?
Yes. You are not supposed to wash your beard after applying oil. Please leave it in. If you wash your beard after using oil, it defeats the moisturizing purpose of the oil itself. The important thing is to spread the oil evenly along with your facial hair and skin. Leaving oil lumps in is not the best practice when it comes to beard oil.
The shared and accepted practice of applying beard oil is to take 3-5 drops on the palm of your hand and apply it gently on the skin and the roots of your beard. Then, it is best if you use a small beard comb to spread the oil evenly along with your facial hair. That is to ensure that all parts of your beard are thoroughly covered and moisturized. Beard oil prevents your facial hair from drying out, so it is crucial that you leave it in.
If you feel that your beard is greasy or sticky because of the oil, you can dry some of it with a tissue or a dry towel. However, it would help if you did not clean it with any form of soap. Using soap might aggravate the drying action, and your beard might end up being the opposite of smooth and soft.
Is beard oil or balm better?
Beard balm and beard oil are not very different, to be honest. It often depends on your beard to choose between the two. A balm is a thicker, condensed form of the oil you commonly use on your facial hair.
However, if you have a thin or an up-and-coming beard, you can use a beard balm. The balm will make your beard look thicker and smoother. It will also keep your beard moisturized for a longer time. Patchy beards or stubbles will benefit from the use of a beard balm.
On the other hand, you can use your favorite brand of beard oil comfortably. It is better for longer beards because it spreads evenly and can cover more ground on your face.
The result of both cosmetic products is the same, and both come with the same risks of making your skin oily. Both products will make your beard look thicker and add a gloss to your facial features.
Beard balm will indeed give you a “right out of a barbershop” look, but if you are looking to become a regular user of beard-related cosmetics, beard oil would be the best choice for you.
If you have a mane to maintain, then beard oil deserves a place in your cosmetic compartment. Using either a balm or oil for your beard will cater to your necessities; it is necessary, mind you. It is essential to maintain a habit, a schedule to adequately moisturize your beard.
As mentioned, we have added the best beard oil products for different types of skin.
Whether you already have a coarse beard or not, these beard oils can help you get things under control. In a few weeks, you can have a better-looking beard as well.