You might be spending most of your day keeping every big little gadget or most probably your car in its prime.
So then, why should you ignore your most esteemed possession?
Yes, we are talking about your grey beard. We understand your efforts to grow and maintain that manly mane to look sharp, so why skimp and avoid dyeing?
If you wish to feel young, nothing can make you look dapper than a fresh coat of beard dye to hide the pesky greys. With constant innovation, the dyeing industry has successfully developed various safer, practical dyes made just for men.
To retain your youth, we have curated the best hair dyes that suit your different needs. In addition, to help your beard stay in prime condition, we have dutifully included various permanent, semi-permanent, and temporary beard dyeing options.
Are you ready to get back your youthful appearance and confidence?
#1 Winner: Just For Men Mustache & Beard Dye
|Just For Men Mustache & Beard Dye is the best beard dye for men who like the dependability and simplicity of traditional creme-mix dyes.
The product undoubtedly sells like hotcakes because of its long-lasting results and price point. Let’s dive down to find the benefits, drawbacks, and buying advice before adding this best grey beard dye to the cart.
- The Just For Men Beard Dye works flawlessly to hide the grey by restoring your natural beard color. In addition, its rich shade ranges make your beards look fuller and thicker within one application.
- This beard dye is easy to use and does not complicate the process of dyeing your beard. Start by mixing your color base with the developer and brush wherever necessary. Then, let the dye develop and rinse after 5 minutes. The secret to a deep, dark, and fuller beard lies in these two easy steps.
- The company is very inclusive of its user base thus includes 12 different color shades ranging from blond to jet black. With their comprehensive shade card, pick the one that truly matches your beard and dye uncompromisingly.
- The generous quantity lets you use one box for three applications. Apart from the portion, this product is perfect to use for all types of facial hair, from mustaches, soul patches, goatees to full-fledged beards. Moreover, you will never run out of the product during mid-application.
- The patented, long-lasting dye will never fade to showcase your grey again. Instead, the company promises that their color stays put till the grey hair grows out. This promise ensures lesser dyeing sessions within a month.
- This beard dye is made in the USA and follows strict quality testing to assure a high-quality product irrespective of the batches.
- The product’s shade card is a little darker than what the consumers expect it to be. As a result, many of the users developed a darker shade than they originally intended to have.
- Many of the loyal consumers have noticed a change in the formula. The color doesn’t last as long as it used to and considerably depreciates with each wash cycle.
This beard dye is 100% ammonia-free, so your beard cuticles can stay healthy and damage-free. The addition of biotin, coconut oil, and aloe further boosts the health and texture of the beard.
If you are looking for a no-brainer beard dye that works effectively, Just For Men Mustache & Beard Dye is your go-to product. Ensure to choose a lighter shade to get the perfect tint after rinsing. If the shade feels light afterward, you can build up the color by applying it once again.
#2 Runner up: Godefroy Professional Beard Dye
|Godefroy Professional Beard Dye takes up the runner-up position for the best men’s beard dye on the market.
This product is a professional-grade beard dye that can turn any density of greys into majestic blacks and browns.
Godefroy Professional Beard Dye takes up the runner-up position for the best men’s beard dye on the market. This product is a professional-grade beard dye that can turn any density of greys into majestic blacks and browns.
- Manufacturer: Godefroy
- Volume: 90.7 Grams
- Color: Medium Brown
- Item Form: Creme + Capsule Beard Dye
- This professional hair coloring kit can easily color beards, mustaches, temples, and sideburns without fuss.
- The product is ultra long-lasting, with the potential of 20 applications per box. The 20 applications are conveniently possible because of the individual color capsules.
- This beard dye can help you cover any stray grey hair, patches or even lets you do root touch-ups without spending a lot of money. The product truly is one pack fits all.
- The easy application system makes the dyeing process that much simpler and quicker. Empty one pre-measured color capsule and mix it with a dollop of the developer. The intense color strength seamlessly colors even the most resistant grey hair.
- Godefroy Professional Beard Dye kit comes as a complete kit, so you can start with your coloring journey as soon as you open the pack. Each pack contains 20 color capsules, a brush/comb applicator, a large mixing dish, a small mixing dish, a developer, and a precision brush applicator.
- Its creamy formula ensures no drip and mess while seamlessly blending with the already existing hair color.
- The capsules require good hand dexterity to bust them open. When you apply too much force, the powder tends to dissipate as soon as the capsule opens.
- The developer works rapidly; thus, there are high chances of skin staining. Therefore, be careful and avoid touching the dye to the skin. In case of connection, wipe it with a wet tissue quickly before the developer sets in.
This hair dye is utterly devoid of ammonia and a strong odor. So you are bound to have a pleasurable odorless time while retouching your beard.
This product is excellent if you find dyes in tubes wasteful. We highly recommend this product if you always need touch-ups at various places. The small pre-measured quantity makes the process easy and quick.
#3 Alternative: Cremo No Mix-No Mess Beard Dye
|Now dyeing your hair and beard is as easy as combing. Cremo brings its most famous No Mix-No Mess Dye for the ultimate well-groomed look that every man wishes to have.
If you hate the hassle of coloring because of its lengthy steps, this product might be your favorite dyeing kit.
- Cremo No Mix No Mess beard dye is one of the best beard dye products with its hassle-free application. Start the coloring process by clicking the comb to the bottle and pressing the button to release the foam. Color the hair by effortlessly combing each part. To get more precision, operate using Cremo’s precision brush.
- Cremo beard dye is an excellent kit for people who have a hard time coloring their hair independently. The simple mechanism makes the process as easy as 1-2-3.
- You can easily store their lightweight foam formula away for later use. Since the product comes in a big bottle, you can efficiently utilize it till the last drop by capping it and strong in a cool and dry place.
- The comb releases a premium color, which looks natural and gives a healthy sheen after rinsing.
- The company boasts of restoring the natural hair color for up to 6 weeks. This longevity ensures that the users don’t go through the hassle of dyeing their hair every week.
- The entire process usually takes 5-10 minutes, with results that last for weeks. On top of that, the fluffy formula of foam ensures a more natural look rather than sharp dye lines on the edges.
A few users noticed that the product doesn’t dispense evenly through the mechanism, resulting in uneven dyeing.
Its easy-to-use click-body design is indeed its extra feature. As a result, one can color a beard without worrying about bowls, proportion, and mixing.
Highly recommend this product if you want a straightforward way to dye your beard.
#4 Alternative: Blackbeard X Intense Beard Dye
|If you enjoy the flexibility of changing your look every day, then this product fits your bill. Let’s learn about this product via its benefits, drawbacks, and extra features.
- Blackbeard X Intense Beard Dye is the best whitebeard dye you can find for instantly changing your look. Some days, you want to rock the salt and pepper look, while some days, you feel like going classic with a fully colored beard. This instant wand will help you achieve that.
- This dye is a convenient on-the-go product for men who are looking for a temporary solution. There is no need of rinsing or letting it develop; simply brush it on, and you are good to go.
- This cosmetic beard dye gives the best-looking beards without any hassle, irritation, and itching. In addition, you do not have to worry about patch testing or allergic reactions.
- This product will last for more than 12 hours so that you can slay the beard without any touch-ups throughout the day.
- The dye mixture is water-resistant, which gives you the freedom to exercise even with the product on.
- With practice, you can get the most natural-looking beard. In addition, the product is slim and convenient to carry in pockets, rucksacks, or bags.
- If your beard often touches your collar, you are bound to have a stained collar at the end of the day. Men with shorter necks may find this drawback problematic too.
- A few consumers voiced their concerns regarding the fragile applicator. The applicator wand snaps if a decent force is applied.
This temporary beard dye is hypoallergenic thus contains no chemicals that irritate or harm the skin. The product is also free from any overpowering odors and ammonia.
Blackbeard X Intense Beard Dye is a great tool to use on the go. Ensure your sunscreen or face moisturizer stays away from the beard as the oils and the dye will make your beard gummy and sticky after a few hours.
#5 Alternative: Grizzly Mountain Beard Dye
|Grizzly Mountain Beard Dye is undeniably the best natural beard dye on the market.
In addition, this henna-based dye is excellent for men with hypersensitive skin. So let’s dive into our last alternative to understand its benefits and drawbacks.
- This Grizzly Mountain Beard Dye is entirely permanent, chemical-free, and 100% organic. Men with hypersensitive skin can indeed use this product without thinking twice.
- The henna-based organic dye is an excellent alternative to chemical-filled harsh hair dyes. There is little to no chance of redness, irritation, or swelling even on your first application.
- This herbal powder dye mix is curated using minimal ingredients and no chemicals. Each bag contains fresh Emblic, Neem Tree extracts, Henna, Indigo, False Daisy, and nothing else.
- The product doesn’t stain quickly, so you have minimal chances of dyeing your skin.
- Each pack comes with a sealed metallic pouch to keep the freshness intact. The resealable bag will help you preserve the remaining powder for your next session.
- It has a strong earthy smell of hay and mud which can feel quite relaxing and refreshing if you enjoy deep earthy notes.
- The application feels fresh on the head and beard, making your dyeing session extraordinarily tranquil and relaxing.
- This natural dye can give subpar results if your beard has a lot of grey hair.
- Many users have noticed the dye changing its color from green to purple or red, depending on the individual’s original hair color. However, you will not experience fixed hair color as it will keep on changing during the fading or oxidizing process.
It’s 100% natural, organic, and cruelty-free. You will seldom find such clean products that are genuinely herbal and effective at the same time.
This powder dye is in no way a quick dyeing solution. You will have to wait a few days to let the hair oxidize to see the final color. However, if you are willing to wait, it can be an excellent product for men who are tired of blisters and rashes from chemical dyes.
Beard Dye FAQ
How long does beard dye last?
Nowadays, it is a common experience to find a majority of people dyeing their hair. Dyeing one’s beard is common, especially among those who might be developing grey patches or strands of white hair as a matter of hair or otherwise.
Thus, the trend of dyeing one’s beard has become the ‘Vogue.’ As with any temporary or semi-permanent coloring, dyeing one’s beard is also not everlasting. Artificial coloring is susceptible to being worn out by both external factors and by its very nature.
Thus, it is likely that color will fade away a shade lighter when it comes in contact with water. Your beard hair would likely need a regular touch-up since it will frequently come in contact with water.
Typically, any semi-permanent coloring is likely to stay for 2-3 weeks before it starts degrading in quality. This situation also happens because beard hair is quick to grow, and thus, the root hair will pose a different shade than the colored ones.
Moreover, beard hair has a different texture as compared to hair on your scalp. Therefore, it would have a different rate of color absorption.
Thus two considerations are vital. Firstly, choose a color that is not at the other end of the spectrum of the shade card of your natural hair. Secondly, opt for a routine to color your beard once every two weeks to retain the look.
Even while the premium brands could guarantee you a lasting color, how long it lasts depends on various factors like how fast your beard hair grows, the choice of color, and environmental factors.
Should a man dye his beard?
There is that DYI instinct in all of us. All of us want to get our hands on either trying a haircut or coloring our hair. Men would consider dyeing one’s beard a reasonably straightforward process, considering the amount of hair to be worked upon.
Moreover, most brands of beard dyes that are marketed as DYI beard dyes will advertise the same as nothing more than a cakewalk.
However, it is essential to understand that dyeing one’s hair is not just a matter of picking up a brush and setting out to paint your masterpiece!
It is about understanding your hair texture, choosing the right hair color, the right brand, mixing the products in the correct ratio and application. Salon professionals have been trained and are experienced in understanding the nature of different beards; the rough, the curly, the long ones.
Moreover, they would help you opt for a color that would make your beard look as natural as possible. You neither want a very subtle shade that makes no difference to your beard nor a very dark shade that hides your face or looks too jarring for your skin tone. These are only a few of the other considerations that are made before ultimately dyeing your beard.
Thus, if you are setting out to dye your beard for the first time, it is wise to seek the first consultation at a salon. Once you are regular at the same, you could consider slowly adapting the process at home.
You could take note of the brand, the particular shade, and the application process. Once you are confident about the process, you could take on the lead in coloring your beard.
How can I darken my beard stubble?
One can opt for darkening their stubble because of numerous reasons, and all justified in their ways. The age might crop up in the form of some grey hair or patches, which might ring the alarm for a salon visit.
One might also want to darken their stubble to give themselves a fuller appearance. Yet others could opt for a makeover! One could easily follow a few commonly hailed tips to darken their stubble.
An essential piece of advice is to moisturize one’s hair. Beard oil is a must-have to nourish your beard stubble. Applying beard oil on a damp beard will help penetrate the oil through the open pores and nourish your root hair as well.
If you want to go the artificial way of giving your look a fuller appearance and cover up the no-hair patches, then opt for a beard filler. Similar to mascara or an eye pencil, this will enable you to target the required regions.
There are also a few natural remedies on the market to darken one’s stubble. Black walnut paste ( prepared by blanching crushed black walnuts in hot water) is an effective remedy to get the desired results. Other options include coffee dye, cocoa paste.
At what age does the beard become white?
Growing white hair was once dreaded upon. Today, men are making a style statement with the same; grey is the new black!
Moreover, a grey beard personifies age and wisdom, all of which are considered attractive propositions. Yet, grey hair also is an indication of age which might make many worried about retaining their youth.
When one starts developing white hair, those curious about it usually begin in the late 20s, and one could expect a complete white beard look between the ages of fifty to sixty.
The appearance of grey hair is linked to the reduced production of melanin, turning black hair into grey/white/silver tones. Moreover, pigmentation of hair gradually reduces with age and thus leads to the wearing out of color.
However, there is no exact age at which one can expect the development of grey hair as the process is aided by factors like genes, the intensity of artificial processing (coloring, heat treatment).
Moreover, in the modern age, stress could also be an additional factor that boosts greying of the beard. Thus, grey hair is a phase that each individual is bound to undergo, given the biological growth process. At what age it starts is a matter of personal history and lifestyle.
One could always look at dedicating extra time to grooming and maintaining their hair, be it beard or scalp. Routine oiling, using products that are not chemical-heavy, eating right, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle could all aid healthy hair. It could also ensure you a little more.
We hope our buyer’s guide for the best beard dye was helpful to you. To match the various needs of men, we included five of the most effective, innovative, and safest dyeing options.
If you read this beard dye article till the end, we are optimistic that you have already found your next best beard dye.
If not, we highly recommend Just For Men Mustache & Beard Dye for permanent and Blackbeard X Intense Beard Dye for temporary use. We request to do a patch test before to avoid any harsh allergic reactions and chemical burns.