Groom+Style Smarter Lifestyles Annual Scholarship – 2017
‘Enabling smarter lifestyles with technology, health and personal care.’
The Groom+Style’s scholarship selection committee will choose three (3) scholarship winners based on the originality, quality and creativity of the essay. The decision of the committee is final. The scholarship winners will be paid via cheque or bank transfer (whatever is most convenient) and funds should be used to pay for education related expenses.
1st PRIZE – US $1,000
2nd PRIZE – US $500
3rd PRIZE – US $250
At Groom+Style we’re about helping people to live more enjoyable lives, by making better choices with the technology (such as the best portable air conditioner) and products (such as the braun series 7 shavers) they choose. The essay topic is intended to inspire students to think about how they can work towards making a positive impact on society throughout the course of their careers. The impact doesn’t have to affect a lot of people, it just has to do good, and make others happier and healthier.
The Groom+Style team is proud to offer assistance with this scholarship gift to help with your college education, so you can in turn assist others.
Lisa, Pierce & The Groom+Style Team
Essay: How do you see yourself innovating or using technology in your chosen career (this does not have to be limited to your current field of study), in the next 5 to 10 years, to help cultivate healthier, happier lives in those around you?
Key Purpose of the Chosen Essay Topic
The key goal of the essay topic is to inspire students and get them excited about their career after graduation. In writing the essay it is Groom+Style’s hope that students start to formulate a vision for what they want to contribute throughout the duration of their work-life. Careers are a marathon not a sprint – create a vision for an inspiring, rewarding future as early as possible, then use that vision as fuel as you strive towards achieving it.
Inspiration/Things to consider:
- Wearable technology
- Fitness equipment such as a high quality spin bike
- Climate change technology/Environment
- Clothing/Smart clothing
- Education and technology for kids
- Any other innovation you can think of big or small, seemingly boring (usually the best place to look) or glamorous
How To Enter
- Write an essay (maximum 1000 words, but we’re not too strict) telling us about your idea/innovation.
- Don’t let today’s technological limitations restrict you, get creative and innovative. Be inspired by your current field of study or passion.
- Make us care about your idea, be creative, be bold. Don’t just tell what your idea is and why you need the money.
- Inspire us with your idea. How is it going to help people?
- Title your essay as you see fit.
- Attach your easy as a word document (doc or docx) or PDF to an email, along with any other relevant information/links, and send it to email@example.com
- Include the words ‘2017 Scholarship entry’ in your subject line.
- Include your full name, Degree you are enrolled in and name of the higher education institution you are enrolled at.
1st February – Submissions Open
15th November – Submissions Close
15th December – The Winner will be announced on the Groom+Style website, and via email.
To enter the Groom+Style Smarter Lifestyles Scholarship competition, you must be:
- An undergraduate or postgraduate student at college or university
- There is no age limit
All essays should be written in 11 pt type (Arial) and double-spaced. Please DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THE ESSAY ITSELF. This is to make it fairer when essays go to the reading panel.
Groom+Style is a leading online lifestyles magazine, packed with interesting and entertaining articles on everything from technology (which enables better health such as a quality electric toothbrush) and fashion (luxury watches), to nutrition (healthy body) and exercise (the best fitness tracker). Our ever-growing mission is to help people make more informed buying choices when it comes to technology and personal care, with the aim of cultivating healthier, happier lives.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org